At WGTS 91.9, we are committed to using your financial gifts with integrity. We are accountable to not only you, as a partner in this ministry, but ultimately to God. Here, we have provided financial resources and policies.
|WGTS 91.9 is an accredited member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and follows the highest ethical standards.|
We follow the ECFA's Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship
If you have any questions about giving and why we require donations to operate, please visit our Giving FAQs.
Gift Acceptance Policy
- Atlantic Gateway Communications solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission.
- Donations will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities, without limitations.
- In the course of its regular fundraising activities, Atlantic Gateway Communications will accept donations of money, real property, personal property, stock, and in-kind services.
- Certain types of gifts must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special liabilities they may pose for Atlantic Gateway Communications. Examples of gifts which will be subject to review include gifts of real property, gifts of personal property, and gifts of securities. Restrictions on Gifts—Atlantic Gateway Communications will not accept gifts that:(a) would result in Atlantic Gateway Communications violating its corporate charter, (b) would result in Atlantic Gateway Communications losing its status as an IRC 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, (c) are too difficult or too expensive to administer in relation to their value, (d) would result in any unacceptable consequences for Atlantic Gateway Communications, or (e) are for purposes outside Atlantic Gateway Communications' mission. Decisions on the restrictive nature of a gift, and its acceptance or refusal, shall be made by the Finance Committee, in consultation with the Executive Director. Atlantic Gateway Communications accepts unrestricted gifts and gifts for specific programs and purposes, provided that such gifts are not inconsistent with its stated mission, purposes, and priorities. Atlantic Gateway Communications does not accept gifts that are excessively restrictive in purpose. Gifts that are restrictive include those too difficult to administer or those for purposes outside the mission of Atlantic Gateway Communications. All final decisions on the restrictive nature of the gift, and its acceptance or refusal, are made by the gift acceptance committee. At all times Atlantic Gateway Communications employees, members of the Board of Directors, and other volunteers are to avoid conflicts of interest and the appearance of conflicts of interest. A conflict of interest exists whenever a Atlantic Gateway Communications employee or immediate family member has a formal relationship with an actual or prospective donor or a material interest in a firm that is an actual or potential vendor to Atlantic Gateway Communications.
In accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethical Principles & Standards of Professional Practice, no fundraiser is compensated based on a percentage of funds raised or on a contingent basis. Non-exempt fundraisers in the employ of Atlantic Gateway Communications are compensated based on the number of hours worked. Independent contractors and consultants are compensated on a project basis.
- All information concerning donors or prospective donors, including their names, the names of their beneficiaries, the exact amount of the gift, size of the estate, or any other information for which there is a reasonable expectation of privacy and/or confidentiality is kept strictly confidential by Atlantic Gateway Communications, its Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff, unless written permission is obtained from the donor to release such information.
- Donors who wish to remain anonymous and not be included in published lists of donors must state so at the time of the gift. Completion of the donation remittance envelope or mention of name on any correspondence accompanying the donation is deemed written permission to be included in published lists of donors.
- Donors are welcome to request and receive a complete copy of their records.
- Only authorized Atlantic Gateway Communications staff and members of the Board of Directors are permitted to view donor files.
- Atlantic Gateway Communications does not sell or share its donor and mailing lists with other organizations.
- Donors and prospective donors may opt out of fundraising mailings via telephone, letter, e-mail, or in person.
Atlantic Gateway Communications encourages all prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts, including the resulting tax and estate planning consequences.
Atlantic Gateway Communications always strives to treat donors with respect. We commit to the Donors’ Bill of Rights.
Donors Bill of Rights
The following Donor Bill of Rights is our promise to you.
When you give you have the right to:
- Know how the funds of an organization are being spent.
- Know what the programs you support are accomplishing.
- Know that the organization complies with federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Restrict or designate your gifts to a particular project within the organization’s mission objectives.
- A timely and courteous response to your inquiries about finances and programs.
- Visit office and program sites of an organization to talk personally with the staff.
- Give cheerfully without being pressured by the organization.
- Obtain a copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statements.
- Know that there is a responsible governing board providing oversight to the organization’s mission.
- Know that all appeals for funds are truthful and accurate.
Gift Cancellation & Refund Policy
How do I cancel my gift?
All monthly donations are ongoing unless otherwise specified. A donor may cancel their gift at any time by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Writing and mailing a letter to WGTS
- Calling Business line to request a cancellation (202-902-6000)
For all situations, refunds will be handled as follows:
- If payment was received via credit card, refunds will be processed a maximum of 90 days from when the gift was made and returned to the same credit card that was used to process said gift.
- If payment was received via cash or check, refunds will be issued via WGTS check and mailed to donor within a maximum of 90 days after the gift was made.