Where to Find Accurate Information and Practical Tips
The CDC and state and local health agencies are the best source for accurate information. For up-to-date news and guidance, visit: CDC.gov. For checklists to prepare yourself and home, visit Ready.gov.
For general questions and concerns about the coronavirus, the following local government hotlines can provide you with updated information:
- Montgomery County: Call 3-1-1 from within the County.
- Prince George’s County: Call 301-883-6627.
- Washington, D.C.: Call 3-1-1 from within the District.
Maryland Department of Health 410-767-6500 or 1-877-463-3464
Virginia Department of Health 877-ASK-VDH3
Centers For Disease Control 800-232-4636
In addition to the health hygiene recommendations around hand-washing, staying home when sick, cleaning surfaces, and avoiding large crowds – there are steps you can take to stay ahead of any illness or change in routine or schedule.
- Plan meals in advance and keep your pantry stocked
- Talk with your employer about telework options, sick leave policies and any other resources that can support you while caring for a family member or yourself
- Watch for information from your child’s school or daycare
- Check in with any family members who live alone so they have a support system in place
- Identify a family member or friend that can help you, if needed
Limiting your media consumption and following these simple tips may help you feel more at-ease, knowing that you’ve done all you can to prepare your family.